After the Battle Phase, the Turn Player enters Main Phase 2 (メインフェイズ２ Meinfeizu Ni). In this Phase, any action that could normally be performed in Main Phase 1 can occur, as long as the requirements are met (i.e. no more than 1 Normal Summon or Set).
In Main Phase 2, the Turn Player may:
- Normal Summon, Advance Summon, or Set a monster if you have not already done so in Main Phase 1.
- Special Summon a monster(s).
- Manually change the Battle Position of a monster, provided that monster did not declare an attack during the Battle Phase, and provided that it was not Set, Normal Summoned, Reverse Summoned, or Special Summoned this turn.
- Perform a Reverse Summon on a Monster Card, provided it was not Set or Summoned in Main Phase 1.
- Activate or Set Magic and/or Trap Cards of any speed. Instant Magic Cards and Trap Cards cannot be activated in the turn they are Set.
|Duel terms||Activate • Advance Summon • Attack and effect names • Card effect • Counter • Deck • Draw • Duel • Effect Monster • Exclude • Extra Deck • Extra Monster Zone • Fusion Material • Fusion Monster • Fusion Summon • Graveyard • Level • Link Marker • Link Material • Link Monster • Link Point • Link Number • Link State • Link Summon • LP • Magic Card • Monster Card • Normal Monster • Normal Summon • Phase (Battle Phase • Draw Phase • End Phase • Main Phase • Main Phase 1 • Main Phase 2 • Standby Phase) • Release • Reverse • Reverse Effect • Reverse Monster • Reverse Summon • Ritual Monster • Ritual Summon • Set • Skill • Special Summon • Speed Duel • Summon • Synchro Material • Synchro Monster • Synchro Summon • Trap Card • Token Monster • Tuner • Turn • Xyz Material (Overlay Unit) • Xyz Monster • Xyz Summon|